Military operations, state institutions, and the ideologies that sustained the warring sides.
- Railways in War and Revolution
- Роль большевистских вождей в победе Красной армии в Гражданскую войну / The Role of Bolshevik Leaders in the Red Army's Civil War Victory
- Russian Origins of Strategic Air Operations
- War, the Wounded and Politics
- Women Soldiers in Russia's Great War
Arc of Revolution
Events and developments along the Empire's borderlands and periphery
Diplomatic initiatives and agreements, foreign affairs, non-governmental institutions.
- Could Russia Have Avoided War in 1914?
- Золото Колчака: конец легенды / Kolchak’s Gold: The End of a Legend
- Treaty of Brest Litovsk
The Home Front
Politics, society, and the economy during War, Revolution, and Civil War.
- Anti-Bolshevik Resistance to the Bolshevik Coup of October 25-26: Tragedy or Farce?
- Bolshevik Families and the Revolutionary Struggle
- Revolution From Below in 1917
- Shefstvo—Revolutionary Sponsorship
- Sisters of Mercy in Russia’s Great War
- Songs of Russia’s Great War and Revolution
Popular entertainments and the arts, visual culture, education, religion, philosophy, and the sciences.
- Aleksandr Blok’s Twelve
- M.A. Bulgakov’s “Future Prospects” and “In the Café”
- The Writing on the Wall: The Russian Orthographic Reform of 1917–1918
- War and Laughter: Political Cartoons in Russia’s Liberal Press, 1914-1918
Statement of Rights and Usage
In order to supplement site content, Russia’s Great War & Revolution (RGWR) makes use of images, text, and other documents believed to be in the public domain. In the interest of scholarship we will attempt to identify and credit the source of all supplementary materials. The copyright for all original materials housed on this site is retained by the respective author or creator. Commercial use of original materials appearing on RGWR without express, written permission is strictly prohibited.
Call for Learning Modules
If you are interested in contributing a learning module to this section of the website, please contact Scott W. Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be 1,000 – 1,500 words and can be in any language. If you are submitting media files of any kind (photographs, video, sound), please include information with regard to copyright status.